Friday, September 30, 2011

Glimpses

Have you ever waited at the airport to pick up a loved one?  You find the right area, perhaps sit down, and then, if you're like me, begin to scan the disembarking people for your person.  Sometimes you may get lucky and only have to wait for a few minutes.  At other times you may wait for what seems like forever.  Whatever the case, that initial glimpse of the person you care about brings a smile to your heart. 

I've found that my relationship to God often comes in glimpses. Sometimes I only have to watch and wait for a few minutes to catch a glimpse of him or what he's doing. At other times I watch and wait through long and difficult days to catch a glimpse.  Those times when we catch a glimpse of him and what He's doing make all the watching and waiting worth it.  Watching and waiting, though, can be very hard.

1 Corinthians 13:12 says, "Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face."  In this life we don't see clearly.  Rather we see a little bit here and a little bit there.  We catch glimpses of eternal truths and reality, but its usually here and then gone.  Sometimes almost as quickly as it comes, it is obscured by something else.  

This blog is to share specific instances when I've caught those glimpses of Christ and His work, and to share resources that have been valuable to me and some of my friends.  I hope that you find it helpful and feel free to share glimpses you've had or resources that have helped you in catching those glimpses of Christ.

Next time I'll share a glimpse from the book Humilitas by John Dickson

2 comments: